During the past few months, we’ve invited all creative souls and artists to participate in TYPA’s annual linocut contest. Today, the submissions are closed, and already on May 4th at 6pm, we invite you to the opening of the linocut contest “Movement” exhibition at the TYPA gallery.
This year we will choose 5 winners from the following categories:
- Grand Prix – selected by the artists’ committee
- Youth Prize – selected by the artists’ committee
- Public’s Prize – selected on the Museum Night at TYPA on the 20th of May and through online vote
- TYPA Special Prize – selected by the TYPA team
- Pressing Matters Special Prize – selected by John Coe, creative director and founder of the magazine.
We left it up to the artists to interpret this year’s theme “movement”. There were many different and exciting approaches to the theme, and this year we achieved a real record with participation – a total of 160 people sent their work to the competition!
At TYPA Gallery, you can see the interpretations in different linoleum cutting techniques by both children and adults, Estonians and foreigners, professionals and hobby artists.
We welcome you to the exhibition from 4th of May to 25th of June during the museum’s normal opening hours from Wednesday to Sunday from 12:00 to 18:00.
Visiting TYPA Gallery is free for all.
Our gratitude goes out to this year’s contest sponsors: Kuues Planeet, Zelluloos, Snitty, Raamikoda, Värske Rõhk ja Pressing Matters.