Aparaaditehas is looking for a long-term ESC volunteer to work for 10-12 months.
Aparaaditehas (The Widget Factory) is an old factory complex in Tartu (Estonia) that is now operating as a creative industries hub and a culture center. Our culture factory brings together creative entrepreneurs, artist and designer studios, start-ups, commerce and entertainment. Aparaaditehas hosts a variety of different events every week from concerts to workshops and parties to exhibitions.
TRAINING DURING THE ACTIVITY
Aparaaditehas can offer an interesting insight into the inner workings of a creative industries hub. No two days will be the same, and volunteer tasks will vary from helping out at the office, getting to know our tenants or working on our homepage. The volunteer will be provided training and instructions before starting a new task. The volunteer will gain new knowledge and get to practice their skills in a variety of different fields.
The volunteer will mostly be helping out at Aparaaditehas main office. Tasks there will include:
- Social media management (taking pictures, posting content).
- Managing the English language version of our website – adding events, updating info on our tenants etc. Easily done with the help of AI so no knowledge of Estonian necessary.
- Helping out with the day-to-day management of Aparaaditehas (giving out keys, helping setting up spaces, cleaning, tidying, organizing, watering plants, doing maintenance for the coffee machine, running to the store for some emergency milk etc).
- Giving tours of Aparaaditehas in English (and/or other languages).
- Documenting the everyday life of Aparaaditehas either through photo, film, illustration or other mediums.
- Assisting with organizing events like Gallery Nights and Aparaaditehas Festival.
- Helping out with organizing the 2024 Trans Europe Halles international conference in Tartu that will take place in spring of 2024.
- In addition you can also fulfill your creative dreams – you can work as an apprentice with different artists and creatives here in the factory or use our event spaces for organizing events like concerts or movie nights or whatever you feel like.
Looking for a multi-skilled individual who would like to work in a creative hub and try their hand at various different fields and tasks. We are looking for someone who is:
- Friendly and a good communicator
- Has a good initiative and is able to work both individually and in a team
- Has some basic knowledge of social media (Instagram/Facebook/TikTok)
- Is into photography and taking pictures (phone-photography is fine, but it would be great if you had your own camera)
- Interested in organizing different events.
To apply, please send a motivational letter detailing why you would like to volunteer at Aparaaditehas, which roles and tasks you are most excited about, and your motivation to become part of the European Solidarity Corps.
Email heading: ESC volunteering at Aparaaditehas